Available Cards: State ID & Driver’s license of Maryland.
Term: 8 years for 21 and older, expiring on birthday.
Number: Coded number, first letter of last name, followed by 12 digits: 1-3 = code of last name; 4-6 =code of first name; 7-9 =code of middle name or initial; 10-12 = code of birth date.
Template: Current design matches Maryland IDs issued by the MDOT.
- Laser-engraved black-and-white photo; ghost image with date of birth changes as card is tilted.
- Smaller, color photo on back; Maryland-themed features.
- UV front; SEAL.
- UV back; deliberate misspell & state outline.
- Identifier, DL number, expiry, date of birth, and signature in raised print.
- Blue Crab; “MARYLAND,” snowflakes & “MD” printed using edge-cutting technique.
- Licenses have barcodes on back (current license 1D and 2D, prior license 2D only).
- May show Maryland address only.