Available Cards: State ID & Driver’s license of New Jersey.
Term: 4 years. Licenses issued after March 2018 expire on holder’s birthdate.
Number: 15 characters, spaced 5-5-5, coded as follows (see current license): N =first letter of last name; 2963 26763 = state licensing codes; 0970 = month and year of birth; 2 = eye color. (Note: 50 is added to birth month for females [e.g., 51 = January; 6 l = November]. For males, the birth month is 01, 02, etc.)
Template: Current design matches New Jersey IDs issued by the MVC.
- Fine-line background; rainbow printing; state seal and “NJ” repeat in holographic overlay.
- Repeating “NEW JERSEY” and state silhouette visible under ultraviolet light.
- Microprinting technique used to print parts on back.
- Motor Vehicle Commission monogram & state outline, map.
- 1D & 2D codes. Fully compatible with format used by the MVC.
- May show out-of-state address for Non-CDLs only.