Available Cards: State ID & Driver’s license of North Carolina.
Term: 8 years for drivers.
Number: Current: 12 digits. All are unspaced, uncoded.
Template: Current design validates North Carolina IDs issued by the DMV.
- Laser-etched text; overlapping ghost images (one in full color, one laser-engraved in grayscale) and tactile date of birth.
- Raised Printing (signature, DOB).
- Back has ultraviolet mini-photo, DOB, Name & “NC” laser perforation (visible when backlit).
- State Capitol & Real ID (May show or not).
- Current license has a waterproof coating.
- The front laminate has state outline, state seal, “NC,” and “1775.”
- Barcode & ICN (1D) at top edge on back.